Selecting the right type of vehicle for looking after the travelling needs is one of the necessary steps before car buying. The next equally important decision is to find the right car fuel that saves up costs and guarantees the good health of your vehicle.
Fuel plays a vital role in the life of an automobile. A low-quality fuel can substantially damage the vehicle and reduce its useful life. On the contrary, good fuel power becomes the right source of efficient vehicle performance and paves an easier way to scrap your Cash for Cars Canberra.
In this article, we will discuss in detail the types of fuels and the benefits they offer. You can determine fuel uses and make a rational decision for your automobile.
The most common fuel type used in most vehicles is gasoline, also known as Petrol. It is said to be the cheapest fuel serving the basic power needs of internal combustion engines.
It is obtained from the fractional distillation of petroleum, but it produces carbon emissions that go into the atmosphere, contributing to environmental contamination and smog. All vehicles are not compatible with all types of fuel.
- Cost Effective
- Provides Ideal Acceleration
- Easy To Access
- Suitable for All Range of Vehicles
- Quieter Combustion & Operation
- Emits High Levels of Toxic Gases
- Offers Lower Mileage
- Lower Fuel Efficiency
- Low Resale Value of Gasoline Vehicles
Diesel is another highly preferred fuel across the globe. It is a fossil fuel like gasoline but produces less carbon dioxide due to using different refining methods to obtain it. Diesel engines use air compression, leading to higher thermodynamic efficiency, resulting in better fuel efficiency and lower emissions.
- Highly Efficient for Long Travel
- Excellent Performance
- Effective Fuel Consumption
- Better Resale Market Than Gasoline Ones
- Offers Long Life of Vehicle
- Emits Less Carbon
- Higher Prices
- Not Effective for All Makes & Models
- Require High Maintenance
It is a fuel that is manufactured using vegetable oil and animal fats. Biodiesel is comprised of organic compounds, which is why it doesn’t produce much carbon dioxide. Converting vegetable oil, animal fat and waste cooking oil into biodiesel is known as transesterification. Since the fuel is obtained from natural ingredients, it is the best alternative for biofuel.
- Environmentally Safe Fuel
- Emits Lower Carbon Dioxide
- Non-Toxic & Renewable Source of Energy
- Increases The Life Span of the Engine
- Lower Fuel Efficiency
- Expensive Than Gasoline
- Affects Food Supply Since Raw Materials for This Fuel Are Vegetable Oil & Animal Fat
Using ethanol is another eco-friendly way to reduce carbon emissions into the atmosphere. This biofuel comes from natural products like barley, sugar cane & corn. It is a biodegradable and renewable energy source that doesn’t emit significant carbon dioxide and nitrogen oxide.
Many car manufacturers are inclined toward producing vehicles powered by ethanol as it is cost-effective and made from renewable resources.
- Safe To Use
- Manufactured from Renewable Resources
- Offers Low Mileage
- Damaged The Vehicle in the Long Run
Compressed Natural Gas (CNG)
CNG can power internal combustion engines manufactured to run on this fuel type. Natural gas is clear, producing no odor. It is also less harmful to the ozone layer, hence using CNG reduces pollution and environmental damage.
- Known as Green Fuel
- Safe to Store in Cylinders
- Affordable in Nature
- Limited Availability
- Captures Large Cargo Space
- Reduces Engine Performance
- Lower Fuel Economy
Liquified Petroleum Gas (LPG)
One of the purest types of fuel is liquified petroleum gas, commonly known as LPG. Many countries have vehicles that are designed specifically to run on LPG. It is obtained from crude oil and natural gas, comprising hydrocarbon gases such as propane and butane.
- Ensure the Vehicle Optimum Performance
- Removes Carbon from Engine
- Saves Running Cost Compared to Gasoline
- Emits Less Carbon Mono-oxide
- Creates Suffocating Environment
- Lower Fuel Efficiency
- Requires Heavy Cylinders for Storage
The invention of electric vehicles has declined the use of any fuel. The electric motor operates an electric car instead of fuel-generating internal combustion. The invention of EVs is a significant replacement for fuel-powered automobiles to overcome the problem of increasing pollution and global warming.
- Higher Efficiency Than Fuel Powered Engines
- Zero Emissions & Reduce Pollution
- Optimum Driving Performance
- Lower Maintenance Cost
- Covers Limited Distance
- More Expensive Than Fuel Vehicles
- Long Charging Hours
Choosing the right type of fuel for your vehicle is very important. The fuel offers optimum vehicle performance and the engine’s safety.
It should be noted that all vehicles are not friendly for all types of fuel. Research before buying a car can help you find out which fuel is ideal for a specific model you are willing to purchase.